Welcome to the Buddahcloud privacy notice
Buddahcloud respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our Smartphone/Web App (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can clickthrough to the specific areas set out below. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
Consent to installation of the Smartphone/Web App
Under data protection laws, we are required to provide you with certain information about who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes, and your rights in relation to your personal data.
By using OurSmartphone/Web App, you consent to our processing of your personal data (including your name, contact details, financial and device information) as described in this policy.
How you can withdraw consent
Once you provide consent by selecting "YES",you may change your mind and withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com but that will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
BUDDAHCLOUD (we) are committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy.
This policy applies to your use of:
· BUDDAHCLOUD web/mobile application software (Smartphone/Web App) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the Smartphone/Web App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
· Any of the services accessible through the App (Services). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This Smartphone/Web App is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy is provided in a layered format so you can click
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
DHARMA CLOUD LTD is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as"Company", "we", "us" or "our" in this policy).
Our full details are:
· Full name of legal entity: DHARMA CLOUD LTD
· Name or title of data privacy manager: ALEXANDER WYNNE
· Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Postal address: 25th Floor, Workington Tower, 78 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
You have the right to make a complaint at anytime to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues [or other competent supervisory authority of an EU member state if the Smartphone/Web App is downloaded outside the UK].
This version was last updated on 29th May 2019. It may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you when you next start the Smartphone/Web App. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the Smartphone/Web App or the Services.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
through to the specific areas set out below.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
· Identity Data.
· Contact Data.
· Financial Data.
· Transaction Data.
· Device Data.
· Content Data.
· Profile Data.
· Usage Data.
· Marketing andCommunications Data.
· Location Data
We collect data to allow us to inter alis register you as a user of the Smartphone/Web App and to take payments from you as set out below.
We do not collect any Special Categories ofPersonal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. This is information(including Identity, Contact, Financial, and Marketing and Communications Data)you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the Smartphone/Web App.
· Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use ourSmartphone/Web App we will automatically collect personal data including Device, and Usage Data..
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· Where you have consented before the processing.
· Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only send you direct marketing communications by email or text if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you consent to providing us with your personal data, we will also ask you for your consent to share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table [Purposes for which we will use your personal data]:
· Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
· External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
Many of our external third parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
· We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission:Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
· Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission:Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries
· Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
In the event that you do not use the App for a period of 24 months then we will treat the account as expired and your personal data may be deleted.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You also have the right to ask us not to continue to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise any of these rights at anytime by contacting us at 25th Floor,Workington Tower, 78 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong OR email@example.com
Consent means processing your personal data where you have signified your agreement by a statement or clear opt-in to processing for a specific purpose. Consent will only be valid if it is a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of what you want. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
Internal third parties
Other companies in the DHARMA CLOUD LTD Group acting as controllers or processors and who are based in Hong Kong and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting
External third parties
Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
· Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a"data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
· Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
· Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
· Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
· Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
(a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy;
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
(d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
· Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
· Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
DESCRIPTION OF CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
· Identity Data: first name, last name, maiden name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, gender.
· Contact Data: billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
· Financial Data: bank account and payment card details
· Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you and details of in-App purchases.
· Device Data: includes the type of mobile device you use a unique device identifier [(for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device) mobile network information your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting,.
· Profile Data: includes your username and password, in-App purchase history, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
· Usage Data: includes details of your use of any of ourApps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
· Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences